Preston Park Avenue contempory housing conversion
Location:Preston park Avenue, Brighton
Description:Residential conversion of a Victorian manor house
Client:AMF Property Investments
Contemporary residential conversion of a Victorian manor house and Care home to provide 6 self contained apartments, gardnes and parking.
Landivar Architects have overseen the conversion and extension of the former care home to form 6 bespoke 1 and 2 bedroom apartments in the heart of the Preston Park Avenue Conservation area. The project involves the extensive renovation along with thermal and acoustic upgrades throughout to deliver a high end sustainable finish. The original Victorian villa has been completely refurbished and restored to compliment and enhance the conservation area.
- All original external Architectural features have been protected and restored, including stained glass panels, timber sash windows and original doors. Interior features have been restored where ever possible and complemented along side with contemporary fittings within the kitchens and bathrooms.
- A number of biodiversity measures are install to provide potential homes for bats and swifts along with a series of Bee bricks.
- The contemporary residential conversion provides full and effective use of the site providing much needed local accomodation to the area whilst bringing a redundant building back into active use.
- Landscaped buffers have been introduced to soften the edge between the garden and the new build houses to the to the east. Native planting has been used whereever possible.
- The proposed planting scheme to the gardens includes native shrubs and perennials and is designed to improve the biodiversity of the site.
- Hard landscaping has been minimised and free draining permeable paving has been used for the primary access. All surface water is retained on site and drained via a series of soak-aways.
- The Carbon footprint has been considered at an early stage of the design and has formed a basis for the choice of materials palette. Where ever possible, the design has opted for sustainable, locally sourced materials and insulation.
Photography by Emma Marshall. https://emmamarshall.net/
another developement by Home sussex ltd https://www.landivar-architects.com/projects/residential-projects-by-landivar-architects/preston-park-contemporary-housing-scheme-a-contemporary-pair-of-semi-detached-houses-in-preston/